Wednesday 22 March 2017

Product development - BRAND - Supplies

I have just ordered the very basic bits to be able to begin printing. I will be taking my new screen into the print rooms to expose my screens as i need to order some new bulbs for my exposure light. With only getting two screens to start with I intend to keep my logos and designs smallish in size so i can fit multiple designs on a screen, so more designs can be tested and see how they translate when put on a t-shirt.

I used the Art 2 Silkscreen mainly down to the fact that the Air dry catalyst was about £20 cheaper then the other company.
Black and White water based ink are the only colours I want to use at present to get back into the feel of printing and Black and white is the colour scheme im going to work with on the start up of the brand.

I did call up the other company to speak to them about the Air dry catalyst just to ask what the recommended me to use.

When buying the t-shirts I have ordered a selection of different brands from wholesale side of manufacturing. This is down to when I have printed  and bought t-shirts from small businesses
in the past you can tell when say fruit of the looms cheaper average shirts have been used as the quality of the material and cut of the shirt are not very appealing. I have looked at a few different blogs that are out they on this subject and have taken they advice and ordered a selection of  what is said to be the better quality shirts, looking at the material used, its weight 0thickness feel0, price, and see if i can find reviews on the shirts to see what others have to say and if other bigger brands have used similar ones.
Again like with the inks to start with i have only ordered White, Black and a few Green shirts to start with. The white is for the black ink as this is the simplest way to start out and get my illustrations onto the shirt and for sale. The black have been got to see if the waterbased white ink will take to the material without been over powered by the black material, as in the past when i have used water-based white ink on black material its just absorbed into the fabric and not been very visible. I could over come this by using  Plastisol ink or hybrid ink by I currently don't have a flash dryer that these inks need to cure them to the material it is the next bit of kit i want to purchase to expand on my printing abilites and product range.
Then the green shirts are to see if i can find a nice green that can be aimed at a different crowd but i will see if i can find what im looking for first.
So Im currently waiting on these items to be delivered so i can conduct "comfort, fit, wearability" field test of the first batch of t-shirts to see if i could sell these knowing they are going to help enhance my chances of selling a quality product.  


No comments:

Post a Comment