Monday 13 March 2017

Web Page/Store

So i have got round to setting up my online presence with a online store to try sell my images as products. I have used Big Cartel as i have used this site before to sell products on and know how to use it.
I did look round at the different platforms and services that can be used to set up a website like Wix, Squarspace, ...... but they just dint seem as simple as Big Cartel is to use.

http://livrid.bigcartel.com/


So I have just selected the basic package to start off with as this is free and  can afford free. This lets me sell 5 products. I can upgrade the site when i need more space and need the use other features and services it offers, such as additional images of products, the use of a personal web domain and what i want most been able to set what stock you have and not sell over that amount.

I like how easy it is to set the webpage to suit me, adding images and headers so it is set to advertise who i am for the moment you click on the page. The page is going to change as I play around with the look and layout until I'm happy.

The header has been my first little challenge getting it to look right on the page. As the image sits in front of my background image I spent some time playing around with adding a black outline to the type and skulls that would almost appear as a shadow on the background.

The background image is my next task as i feel this could look alot better with some time spent swooping and changing things around until it looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment